Beginner cake decorator intensive course
The class is 6 days long and teaches the beginner cake decorator all required skills: from assembling the cake to its delivery to the client.
Sugar Paste (2 days)
- Preparing the cake for decoration, smoothing out the surface of the cake and the most common custards used with sugar paste and marzipan; preparing cakes with soft fillings for covering; the secrets of 3D-cakes — lecture
- How to calculate the required amount of sugar paste for covering a cake
- Rolling out sugar paste, colouring, covering and smoothing out the cake
- Assembling simple decorations, borders, edges, flounces, drapes and bows. Use of Patchwork moulds.
- Sugar paste appliqués
- Modelling of human figures
- Assembling, balancing and attachment of multi-layer cakes
Royal Icing (2 days)
- Preparation and storage. Different consistencies.
- Borders, edges and simple flowers (using nozzles)
- Colour Flow (piping of a runny royal icing into an outlined shape)
- “lace” and “bridges”
Sugar Flowers (2 days)
- Sugar paste: colouring, handling
- Floral wire (proper choice and use)
- Flower holders
- Flower leaves and stems
- Rose bases
- Colouring with powdered dyes
- Arranging of bouquets
- No upcoming classes